»

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School


Well it's that time of year again, yes it's back to school.
I cracked open my textbook not too long ago, hoping to get a head start on the knowledge that needs to penetrate my brain - and yet here I am. Already procrastinating. On the FIRST day of school.

I blame it on the fact that I hate this school. About 3-4 months ago I was walking off campus to my car, and it happened to be the last day of class. I had taken my last final and everything was done and as I was walking underneath the beautiful giant trees that paint the campus in green and yellow (depending on time of year) I remember smiling because I was thinking that I never had to go back to that school ever again. Ever.

Damn was I wrong. I guess it was just my time in life where I was due for some shit to come my way since I've been having such an easy life lately. Couldn't be happier really.

Back to the procrastinating bit. If you look at it a different way, I actually AM ahead of the game, however. I bet you there is an extremely minute number of people who actually opened their textbook today and read a bit of it (even if it was just a paragraph). It's the first day for crying out loud. Nobody opens their books till about a couple days before the exam and then cries and then regains composure and tries to cram in as much as they can before eventually saying fuck it if I don't know it now, I won't know it by the time for the exam (think I've done this a few times?).

Well at least I got the classes that I need. That's all that matters at this point, well and of course passing them but that's nothing to fret about. So there you have it.

Some highlights of my day:
- My geography teacher is a funny guy. While talking about vegetation he said veggies instead. Also while calling roll he said Tiffany as if he were saying Tiff Annie. The best part was he really didn't do it on purpose Ha!
- He also asked if there were any good first person shooters for facebook
- That same classroom smelled like sweaty socks that had been rolled up into a fat man's ball sack for a week.
- Hooray for the school raising our tuition, giving the teachers pay cuts, and making them take furlough days so we have less days of classes. (Paying more money for less knowledge...not to mention too many students and too little classes)
- There were more but it's been a long day and my brain is already purging what happened

On to more procrastinating!

P.S. Those are pictures of my school

0 comments:

 
Protected by CopyrightSpot